Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 16 December 2011

Summer dress

I have always struggled to find comfortable dresses for summer that I both like and can afford, so this year I decided to finally get around to making one. Being a beginner sewer I liked the idea of this one, where you make a skirt and sew it onto a top.

I followed these basic instructions but just cut out two skirts. One lace and one viscose lycra (a nicer version of cotton knit). I cut the lace one slightly wider to try prevent them from riding up on each other. The skirts are only joined at the join to the band, where I sewed the band and both layers of the skirt together in one go (pinning is essential!). I did a basic hem on the viscose layer and merely cut the lace off, a little bit longer than the viscose.

It is super comfortable and is GREAT for Cape Town's wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment