Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 8 April 2012

Make your own chalkboard, paint and all {tutorial}

- See this post on our new website -


Yesterday was a rainy day in Cape Town, and since I have a week of holiday, it meant that there was finally time for me to do a craft :) This is a simple way to make your very own chalkboard paint, choosing your own colour. I was inspired by this post.


What you need: White grout, Acrylic paint, wood (or whatever surface you want to paint), paintbrush and measuring stuff.

Make a mixture of the grout and acrylic paint in a ration of 1:8. I used 1 tsp grout to 40ml acrylic paint, and I had loads left over!

Paint your surface. I did a few layers all in one go and smoothing it out as much as possible with the last layer. Using a light sandpaper can help to smooth the board a bit, then go over it lightly with chalk.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment